Personal > Home Loans
Whether you’re looking to buy your first or second home, build your dream home, or tap into your home’s equity, Hawaii Central has competitive loan options to fit your needs.
Want to discuss your loan options? Fill our prequalification form and our loan officers will get in touch with you.
Owner-Occupant & Non Owner-Occupant HELOC Loans
Our Home Equity Line of Credit allows you to borrow against your home’s accumulated equity. These funds can be used for home improvements, to help pay for college tuition, or that long needed vacation. This revolving line-of-credit is a quick, convenient, and economical way to borrow and make the most out of your home’s equity.
Found the perfect lot but aren’t ready to begin construction on your dream home yet? Our Land Loans can help you secure property even if you’re not quite ready to begin building just yet.
Whether you already have a contractor lined up or plan to be your own contractor, our Construction Loans can fit your specific needs! Although a bonded contractor is recommended, it is not required for our Construction Loans. From Owner/Builder to Contractors, our Construction Loans can help you build the home of your dreams.
1st & 2nd Mortgages
With low mortgage interest rates, now might be the perfect time to see if you can refinance at a lower rate or become a new homeowner. Our Mortgage Loans offer competitive rates and an experienced staff that will help you achieve your goals.
First-Time Home Buyer Program
When you are ready to take the first step toward home ownership, our experienced staff is here to help! Don’t miss our limited-time-only First-Time Home Buyer Program! Low down payment and no mortgage insurance required.
Home Loan Checklist
When applying for a home loan, the following documents will be required:
- Tax returns (last two years – personal and business)
- Proof of income (paystubs and W-2s)
- Proof of assets: statements from banks, investment companies, mutual funds, stocks, etc.
- Proof of insurance coverage
- Documentation for other source of income (e.g., social security, pension, annuities, lease agreements, etc.)
- Copies of most recent monthly mortgage statements for all real property owned (if applicable)
- Copy of most recent maintenance or association fee statement (if applicable)
- Renting history (if applicable)
- If self-employed with 25% or more ownership in a business, year-to-date profit & loss statement along with the last two years’ filed business tax returns with all schedules, attachments, and K-1 as applicable
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate.