At Hawaii Central Federal Credit Union, we are always looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team. A great opportunity for that right person!
Complete the online form or you may also complete the application and mail or drop it off at the main branch:
Hawaii Central Federal Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources
681 South King Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.
Compliance Clerk II
Assists the Credit Union’s Compliance/BSA department with the monitoring, coordination, and completion of all regulatory documents for compliance with all federal and state regulations relating to the credit union. Stays abreast of current regulatory and legislative trends and issues impacting the credit union.
Assists in performing the daily functions of the compliance area. Monitor to ensure that policies and procedures and related forms meet regulatory requirements and timeframes as required by the respective regulatory agency. Ensures that written compliance-related policies and procedures are updated on a timely basis and that all impacted staff is trained on updates to policies and procedures.
- Disseminates information, answers questions, and be the subject matter resource for the credit union on all compliance-related issues.
- Assists in developing and implementing compliance training programs.
- Assist in performing the daily functions of the BSA area. Monitor accounts and transactions to ensure that policies and procedures and related forms meet regulatory requirements and timeframes as required by the respective regulatory agency.
- Perform other risk related duties as assigned including assist with developing and maintaining procedures related to BSA/AML/OFAC compliance.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Five years’ experience in credit union or other financial institution, preferably in Operations, Compliance, or related areas.
- Knowledge of credit union regulations.
- Must be organized, analytical with an attention to detail and able to meet deadlines with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Must have strong PC skills, including Word.
- Must be able to communicate (both in oral and written form) effectively and professionally to internal and external customers.
The Teller II is responsible to accurately process member’s transactions while providing the member with a positive, memorable experience. The Teller II position is also responsible to open new accounts and effectively profile new and existing members and make appropriate suggestions for products and services (both loans and deposits) to help them meet/exceed their financial objectives.
1. Responsible to ensure positive member experiences at every touch point (in person, over the phone, etc.) Ensure that new and existing members are provided information concerning the Credit Union, its products, services and policies. Actively engage members and ensures they are effectively profiled, educated and when appropriate, cross-sold additional products/services (both loans and deposits) to help them meet/exceed their financial objectives. Able to also actively engage members while opening new accounts and adding additional services to their relationship with the Credit Union.
2. Maintains a clear understanding of applicable regulations and disclosures, and the Credit Union’s policies and procedures. Responsible to comply with these rules and regulations as it pertains to the handling of cash and negotiable items and the servicing of member’s accounts.
3. Processes all transactions in an accurate and efficient manner, keeping cash differences and non-policy losses at a minimum.
4. Address member’s questions/concerns, including any required research. Provide members with effective solutions and alternatives in a timely manner, or, as applicable, refer them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
5. Builds, retains and acquires member relationships to achieve sales and service goals for the branch. Participates in cross training opportunities to gain additional knowledge. Actively participates in all branch/Credit Union sales promotions and campaigns, including but not limited to outbound member calls and referrals.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. One year cash handling & customer service experience preferred.
2. Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate to both internal customers and external members.
3. Must have a basic PC knowledge.
4. New Accounts experience preferred.